Monday, October 15, 2007

Silhouettes






Silhouettes
Man I haven't posted anything in like three months. I think thats a record. I've been busy with school, a Flash job and a comic book I've been working on. When I get some of the comic book pages finalized I'll be sure to post a few up.

These are all silhouette drawings. Sometimes we forget to look at the outside shape of our drawings though that can be the most important part. This process forces you to get a good outside shape for your character before going into more detail. I just do these really fast with a brush pen and then pick out the designs I like best before moving on.

After picking one you like, block out different shapes within the silhouette, and add some different values. Keep it rough at this point.

Then you can put it on a light table and draw the geisha of rock.

2 comments:

  1. killer silhouettes man. I think i like the scifi one on bottom the most

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic Ron. So fun, and really nice development!

    ReplyDelete